Thursday 16 August 2007

How Did I Get Here?: Melbourne, Part Two.

The answer: by standing in line for more than an hour at customs in Melbourne Airport, to show them the showbag of goodies purchased for $US50 with a gift voucher from the Singapore Airlines duty-free in-flight store, given to me as an apology for having had a stewardess spill coffee on my shirt.

And so I am here, and I am safe and well. Which is rather good, considering the rather harrowing mid-section of my journey.

And so my travels have ended, perhaps sadly, but with a triumphant return to a real life sorely missed.

And so begins so much more, the likes of which I have yet to even discover.

And...

Well...

... and so ends this blog. But so begins actual conversations, and real people, and, once again, us.

No blonde, nordic girls.

Just us.

6 comments:

littlefaeriegirl said...

welcome home
xx

Anonymous said...

I see all previously given welcomes and raise you a 'good to have you back'.

Enny said...

Where will we find you now?

Ben said...

To all welcome backers, thanks. It's mighty good to be back.

To Enny: At an old farmhouse in suburban Melbourne, until I return to Adelaide.

Anonymous said...

Very poetic.

Seeya on myspace, champ.

Enny said...

... I wish you guys would start another blog...!