Sunday 8 July 2007

The Value Of Breakfast.

At 10am, I was huddled around a computer trying to find directions to the library, when all of a sudden I was offered SEK70.

Truly.

Breakfast was late. No staff had arrived at the hotel until 10am, despite breakfast clearly being offerred from 8am on Sundays. So, in the spirit of giving, the hotel offerred to refund us the value of breakfast from our accommodation costs. 70Kr. Last night's dinner - quiche and salad at a nice-looking family restaurant - cost me 69Kr, and I was being given 70Kr as an apology for a late breakfast. Not only that, but the staff proceeded to put on a late breakfast anyway. Sure, a Swedish breakfast involves gourmet spreads and a selection of cured meats, but still.

Besides, they weren't even going to listen to the suggestion that I had taken some milk from the guest fridge and some muesli that was out on the table, and helped myself to breakfast before they had even arrived.

No comments: