Tuesday 3 July 2007

Things About Hostels

I woke at 5am, desperately needing to go to the toilet. This I managed without difficulty. However, when I went back to bed, I realised there was something quite bizarre happening in the bunk above me. The guy in the top bunk, whom I had never actually met, was rolling around violently, and whispering to himself in some other language. He was then making kissing noises, in his sleep. Even though it was bright daylight outside, I briefly went back to sleep, but was awoken again half an hour later by the abrasive creaking of the bunk above. I decided that, in order to catch the train to Oslo, I needed to get up anyway. When I arose, I looked over to find that the guy above me was actually a guy and a girl, attempting to sleep together on one top-storey single bed.

Does anyone know what the etiquette is about couples in 12-bed-to-a-dorm hostels?

I'm twenty minutes from catching a train - next post: Oslo.

3 comments:

Steve Williams said...

that's awesome. i TOTALLY have hostel dorm stories for you that i'll speak, but dare not write down. OK, maybe only one. But a goody, methinks.

Enny said...

OMG!!!

littlefaeriegirl said...

id sex someone in a hostel

poss not on a top bunk though

on a bottom bunk, with blankets all around that made a little cubby, sure